[Wolves] Off topic - travelwm

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 09:59:18 GMT 2004

Hi Gary

Firstly I  haven't read all you're mails but I believe the gist is you
registered the domain (point is when did you register?) under the new
rules a company domain can only be registered if the companies name
matches and is registered with company house.

On the face of it you don't have a leg to stand on if you registered the
name recently? Why don't you offer to sell them the name for a
ridiculous some of money (but don't go over the top) this can help you
in two ways:

1. They may buy it and you can retire to the Cayman islands as a tax
exile.
2. Should you choose to fight it they will have a tougher case seeing as
you have offered to sell it too them.

We have a similar situation with the company I work for, our company is
Centro Systems Ltd our domain is centro.co.uk Centro travel ring us once
or twice a year and we always offer them the name for around two hundred
grand they cough and splutter and go away.

Point being if they want it they can have (at a price) if they choose
not to buy they don't have a case (we registered it 9 years ago).

Regards
pete

P.S. (I am not a solicitor, lawyer, judge or JP)

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 23:14, gary at walsall.uk.com wrote:

> Oh dear, it looks like this news has also hit the front page of wolverhamptons 'adnews' and is also in the 'evening mail'. It says that they can't find out who owns the domain as they are hidden behind a PO box number. Well, in my opinion,  they aren't very clever as a simple whois lookup would show the owner and direct postal address.
>
> This could turn into a legal battle so does anyone know of any solicitors that are up on internet law ?
>
> Gary
>

> fizzy <fizzyorguk at yahoo.com> wrote ..
> >  --- Matthew Revell <wolveslug at understated.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > When I say that I struggled against them, I mean I
> > > used their service, as
> > > a passenger...
> >
> > Pre-empting LUG humor isn't a good idea, you always
> > seem to dig yourself in deeper, in a hole sense, oh
> > fuck it.
> >
> > fizz

Regards

Peter Cannon