[Wolves] Character stripper

bambam at opendildonics.org bambam at opendildonics.org
Fri Jan 16 21:33:38 GMT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Matthew Revell wrote:

> bambam at opendildonics.org said:
>
> > Use vi or sed. They were *invented* to do this kind of
> > thing. Or use perl.
>
> I'll have a look at vi and sed, but from what I remember of them, they're
> not exactly quick solutions. As for suggesting Perl, next time someone
> asks you to recommend a word processor, why don't you just mention C++ and
> ask why they don't write their own?! :-)

What a fool you've made yourself look!

Sed and vi were designed to do this kind of thing in one
line. Perl can do it in a few.

> why don't you just mention C++ and
> ask why they don't write their own?! :-)

For the simple reason that writing a wordprocessor in C++
will take weeks, and writing a perl script to strip
characters takes less time than it took you to whine like a
girl about it.

bambam
--
$ perl -e 'while(<>){tr/p/m/;print $_;}' > fool.out
$ tr p m > fool.out