[Wolves] GPL, IP and patents..

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 11:40:50 GMT 2004

fizzy said:
>  --- Matthew Revell <wolveslug at understated.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Just think, there's a generation just after ours ...
>> they'll be talking
>> about Playstation Magazine. How depressing.
>
> I dunno, playstation already has a retro chic, as does
> the n64. However the more old school machines have
> raised a generation of programers, and the new
> machines have raised a generation of users I think. As
> my tshirt says...
> 10 print "I am cool"
> 20 goto 10

Yeah, exactly. While I don't consider myself a programmer, I'm definitely
a power user (not my favourite phrase) thanks to endless years of
tinkering with everything from a ZX81 to OS/2, after school.

Then again, I drive my car and don't know how to fix the turbo
intercooler, if it buggers up. Then again, cars are relatively simple,
compared to computing :)