[Wolves] GPL, IP and patents..

Lee Parkes leep at bogus.net
Tue Jan 20 18:32:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:42:05PM +0000, Old Dan wrote:
> Do you have the actual clause handy?  I'm no legal expert but I'm sure
> there'll be someone here with more of an interest in legal matters... :)

Not in digital format, and I'm too lazy to type it in :)(

> No, probably not.  Are you allowed to work for anyone else while working
> for them?  I know a lot of contracts forbid this.  (Not mine though,
> thankfully)

Other people in the company have other jobs (hell, some have to as the company
doesn't pay that much..)

> They'd have one hell of a job actually enforcing anything like that, anyway.

Luckily someone who works in the office (I don't I work from home) has already
pointed this out, the phrase that should be used is "in the course of". This
has been tested in courts across this fair land and does stand up. So I'm
happy now :)

> closed-source, after all it is possible to write closed-source stuff for
> Linux.  It could well be this IP they are trying to protect.

My colleague is looking into this, but there is some confusion because of things
 like dynamic and static linking as that complicates matters. Still I guess it
will all work itself oout in the end.

Thanks for all your replies folks :)

Lee

leep at bogus.net DOC #25 GLASS #136
You can never break the chain
There is never love without pain - Secret Touch, Rush