[Wolves] Archive via Google

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 09:43:57 GMT 2004

Hi Fizz

I agree with with you.

 Tue, 2004-01-20 at 08:45, fizzy wrote:

>  --- sparkes <sparkes at phreaker.net> wrote:
> > How many times have you searched google for an
> answer
> > and you found the best answer in a mailing list.
>
> I've often found people asking the same question as
> me, but most of the time they're not given an answer
> which is even more annoying!

Especially if you are a newbie (I prefer novice by the way) like me,
I've lost count of the times I have wasted money and time looking at
links that have the exact request for information that you are looking
for only to find it is just that! a request for info.

My biggest venom is reserved for crappy thread messages. 99% of the time
its the same story, someone posts a question (good start) five or six
links (getting better) and guess what? its the same bloody question.

I sell IT solutions all day, every day and know how to use the Internet,
if I can't find what I want what chance has Joe public got?

> > adding 'site:mailman.lug.org.uk' to an google search
>
> Speaking of annoying, an google search? Surely a
> google search?
>
> > sparkes
> fizz

Regards