[Wolves] Building a PC: suggestions

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 17:09:57 GMT 2004

hi all,

Right, I need to build a PC for sound engineering. The
main requirement for this machine is a shitload of
memory, fast disks, lots of disk space and a fast
processor. I am not bothered with a flash graphics
card, sound card etc - I have those covered and
onboard graphics will be fine.

I was wondering if any of you could suggest a good
motherboard, processor, memory, disks etc. There are
some requirements:

 - I want an Intel Pentium processor. AMD processor
chipsets have certain issues and I want to avoid
these.

 - Disk speed is very important, and I need something
that is reliable and fast. I also need a
motherboard/controller to support this.

 - I would preferably like at least a gig of memory.

I want to build all this for under £500.

Cheers,

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician