[Wolves] Building a PC: suggestions

Helen Rose pinkteapot98 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 17:59:41 GMT 2004

> For true budget systems, the ASUS Predators are
> quite cool - they are
> small, quiet and pack a good punch. There's a limit
> to upgradability of
> course, but most people don't need much considering
> nearly everything is
> on board.
>
> I'd almost suggest a Predator with an addon SCSI
> card + fast SCSI
> disk... I'd guess the predator + CPU + memory would
> be about 250 quid
> (?) which would have onboard graphics/sound/lan.

Id go with the asus thing too. Recently
brought/constructed my mom a computer for about £300
quid and for that got 80gig disk 256ram amd athlon
xp2600 onboard sound etc etc.
Payed abit extra to have the asus board as it uses
mainly via chips which again ive found to be very good
while not breaking the bank and when the ineviatble
loosing of driver disk they are easier to re get hold
of.
Goto the computer fairs at aldersly/dunstall, they are
selling some muthers of machines for hardly any cash,
for £500 youll get something really high end. The one
i got for my mom was mid range and still only £250
without extras I added...
Hope this is usefull
pink