[Wolves] Sun Java Desktop

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 13:11:09 GMT 2004

Just booted the Sun Java Desktop CD, that's on the front of the current
Linux User and Developer mag. It boots straight from CD.

Looks really good. The launch menu is great, with excellent labelling.
SunOffice is included and didn't take too long to load :) The look and
feel is very pollished but maybe a little too purple.

Unsurprisingly - considering its target market - it has no support for
dialup.

On first looks, I reckon it's a good replacement for Windows, in many
corporate situations. It has everything that most people need but none of
the confusing terminology of many Linux distros. I should think any normal
work PC user could sit down at it and do their work.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Morphix, tho'. When I tried to
change the screen res, it said that it would only apply to the current
user, which was Morphix.

Anyone else given it a spin?

--

Matthew Revell