[Wolves] Crash Help Please.

Gary gary at leamore.net
Thu Jul 1 10:10:21 BST 2004

Can anyone help ?

For some reason, at random intervals, 2 computers we use at work are just hanging. When you go to the console, you can't even log in as the whole system has frozen ?

Both systems are suse 9.1 pro, 1 is dual Xeon and 1 is Dual Athlon, both systems have 2 network cards each, scsi and 2 or 4 GB ram. This also happened on our new IBM Xseries server with 8Gb ram, so I am totally baffled ???

I originally thought this may be a kernel problem, so I installed 2.6.6 and the crashing seemed to go away for 2 weeks, but it has happened yet again ?

Has anyone any ideas on what may be causing this, or what logs I should be targeting to see the problem ?

Or should I go back to SuSE 9.0, using the old 2.4 kernel ?

BTW, is there anyone good with linux administration looking for a Job ?

Thanks,
Gary