[Wolves] Flamebait on El Reg?

SimonB simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 14:11:17 BST 2004

Old Dan wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Anyone seen 'On Sun, Java and Open Source' (
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/01/sun_open_source_java/ ) on The
> Register today?
>
> 'In the open source community the right to fork is viewed in the same
> way as the NRA views
> the Second Amendment. But it's the last thing that Java developers or
> CIOs want to hear.'
>
> Considering the mostly pro-Open Source readership of The Register this
> /has/ to be flamebait of some description - it looks to me like the
> writer is deliberately missing the point.  Grrr.  Maybe they haven't had
> any decent flames for the Flame Of The Week this week or something.

To be honest I've never really got into the register. Mind i havnt
looked at it much. What isn tit linux usr and developer mag or the list
i dont really know.

Where are some good news places for open source and linux stuff??

Also does anyone know where i can get a relativly chaep copy of suse
open exchange to play with?

Thanks,
SimonB