[Wolves] / filling up

Martyn martyn at mcits.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 18:29:39 BST 2004

Hi ,
    You can also use Ducks!

What i Hear you screem
add into your .profile the following

alias ducks= 'du -cks * | sort -rn | head -11'

Then Cd to a few suspect directories such as /var/spool/mail and type
ducks this
will then give you a total of space used and which files consume most
disk space.

I read this last year from a book called linux server hacks by o'reilly
and it has never left my admin toolkit.

It's got loads of other admin tips and tricks in!

Cheers
Martyn