[Wolves] DESPERATE PLEA....PLEEEAAAZZZEEE?

TriG carl at fr0st.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 20:58:11 BST 2004

Hi Tim,

If your motherboard has an onboard NIC and Linux has already seen it as
eth0 then your one step closer. Now is a decision you need to make.. If
you were to get the wireless version, it would work fine.. You would
configure the ADSL interface on the router as per your ISP instructions,
enable NAT on the router and give the ethernet port a private address
range (192.x.x.x or 10.1.1.0) or something like that, and plug that into
your machine or a switch if you have more then one ethernet capable
machine.. Your eth0 device would then be configured to use an address on
the same network and the gateway would be the ethernet address of the
router..
Your daughter would connect to the router in the same way but with
wireless.. The wireless setup on these units is very easy...

I wouldnt recomend wireless for Linux unless you can guarantee that a
card would work.. I have a tosh laptop which has a prism card built in
which is a supported piece of equipment..

I am in North Staffs....

Hope this helps..

trig