[Wolves] Web hosting for our church

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 10:08:08 BST 2004

On Tuesday 13 Jul 2004 09:15, The wise and knowledgeable Matthew Revell
proclaimed:

> Peter, mate: Essex boy to Essex boy, I've not commented on stuff like
> this before but really, this is the sort of thing that gave the
> internet and internet companies a horrifically bad name in the late
> nineties. There's nothing clever about it: it's a con. The salesman
> gets a quick few quid but loses the opportunity to build a proper
> business relationship and the customer gets ripped off and warns
> everyone not to touch the company involved.
>
> Still, generally the arseholes behind that sort of scheme get caught
> out, sooner or later.

Hey me old Cock sparra!

I couldn't agree with you more it diminishes all the skills and techniques I
use to ensure people part with large sums of money.

This is the 'gun to the head technique'

Do you remember last month? when I gave away a ploy in respect of putting a
product in someones hands and then snatching it back? This is the same
principle, tell em someone else is gonna have it if they don't by it! you
know the idea "Oi mate its the last one on the shelf"

--

Regards

Dick Turpin

Highwayman to the stars