[Wolves] Web hosting for our church

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 13:49:30 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:31, Matthew Revell wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:29:00 +0100, Wayne Morris <wayne at machx.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Uk2.net is good for searches (and cheapish to register them to),
>
> At the risk of sounding like Aq :) DO NOT TOUCH UK2. They have
> possibly the worst reputation, of any sizeable firm, in the UK hosting
> industry.

I dunno, have used them for years - admittedly only lately for domain
registration - but they used to host around 10 domains for me and never
had any major problems- apart from communication which they freely admit
is something they don't want to do by phone, they answered all my email
tho.

I still use their free pop mail as a back up, and they used to have a
quirk allowing possibly anonymous surfing - you could use their dial-up
with caller-id with-held which most ISP's don't allow.
(I say 'possibly anon' as someone claimed that 0870 numbers could still
track caller-id - but I'm not so sure.)