[Wolves] Laptops

Philip Moore philip at ptm.flyer.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 20:11:59 BST 2004

I am converting to Linux with the intention of using it as the main OS. I
cannot abandon Windows (I use Windows 2000 pro)  as I have to operate within
a Windows environment outside my home system.

I currently run SuSE 8.2 on an old IBM Think Pad - successfully but very slow.

I am about to purchase a new laptop and feel that I would benefit from the
experience of others who use Linux on a laptop.

My questions are:

a. What laptops can experienced users recommend
b. What laptops are best avoided
c. Which laptops are best suited to dual booting (Linux / 2000 pro)

I hope you can assist me in this matter as all laptops sold come with XP home
(!).

Your assistance and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Philip Moore