[Wolves] RE: Wolves Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Philip Moore philip at ptm.flyer.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:40:46 BST 2004

Hi

I was interested in your problem as I have considered TFT monitors but have
yet to buy one - others better qualified than I will no doubt know the
answer but within my limited experience (based on past failures) it would
seem to be a driver issue.  I will be interested to see the answers the
experienced users provide.

A question:
I use SuSE 8.2 on an IBM ThinkPad (old) with no problem but in the past on,
a PC, SuSE 8.2 worked perfectly but for the CD RW which totaly failed using
the graphical interface in the KDE (K3b) - in the command line it could be
made to work.  My CD RW is a Lite-on 48 x 12 - what make is yours? and did
it have drivers to support it?

I can sympathise with the foothills analogy - I am struggling to reach the
foothills!

Philip Moore