[Wolves] GeForce + Voodoo 2 = ?

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Jul 19 19:19:03 BST 2004

Peter Oliver wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Gary Hughes wrote:
>
>> Just a quick one. I'm using a GeForce 2 card in my
>> machine at the moment, but have just been given a box
>> of old hardware that includes a few Voodoo II cards. I
>> was wandering, does anyone know what would happen if I
>> plug a Voodoo into the Geforce? Will it make things
>> faster / improve graphics quality, or is there no
>> point? And how would I go about setting up the
>> drivers?
>

> Into?  What do you mean?
>
> Assuming, say, the NVidia card is AGP and the 3dfx card is PCI, then you
> can plug both into the same computer at once.  This will just let you
> hook up two monitors at once, though.  You can't use both cards in
> partnership to produce one image.

voodoo 2 links through the existing card and takes over for 3d when
using the correct drivers.  Considering this is dead technology and the
company behind it went bust years ago I wouldn't think it's 3d would be
as fast as the nvidia2 anyway.

Not worth bothering with unless you have any late 90's games you really
want to see how they where meant to be ;-)

sparkes

--
http://www.westmids.biz    sparkes at westmids.biz       web &