[Wolves] Wine

Philip Moore philip at ptm.flyer.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 17:27:11 BST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 15:48, fizzy wrote:
> --- Philip Moore <philip at ptm.flyer.co.uk> wrote:
> > My problem is that I am unable to install the MS
> > Office software
>
> What version? Google tells me:
>
> "office 2000 runs perfectly. office 2002 (I think
> that's XP) is said to run, tho there are issues I
> believe. word 2003 is said not to run."
>
> I would suggest buying (a demo is available) a copy of
> crossover office, which makes running office a whole
> lot easier (so I'm told).
>
> > Philip Moore
>
> fizz (advocating the purchase of software :) )

I have obtained and installed Crossover office and installed MS Office 2000
and IE6 to test the software - it all installed ok - it even edited the fstab
file and requested permission to carry out the modification.

I have noticed some initial problems with formatting when opening existing
.doc documents but I will persevere and carry out a full evaluation.

Thanks again for the help and assistance

Philip Moore