[Wolves] Episode 8 LugRadio and the elections

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 11:39:04 BST 2004

Peter Cannon said:

> Are you saying LugRadio is going to be a political forum? If so will th
> BNP be
> on? I don't subscribe to them but I do uphold the "freedom of speech"
> concept.

I have no problem with LugRadio dealing with political issues, from time
to time. I don't think it'll ever become a predominantly political show,
tho'. If we're talking party political, then LugRadio'll never become a
party political show. Our election special looks at how the different,
serious parties stand on issues of important to open source types. In that
case, we chose not to include the BNP as: I didn't consider them to be a
serious political party and, AFAIK, they're too busy trying to persuade
people that we should invade the Republic of Ireland, to form a policy on
software patents :)

If anyone sees that as a breech of the BNP's freedom of speech, then I
can't be arsed to argue against you but while I've got anything to do with
LugRadio, the BNP won't be on it!

>> No one will humilate you, mate :) Occassionally, someone might be having
>> a bad day and will misread something and snap or whatever, but that's
>> their problem. Just sod them (not literally).
>
> What about when I met you in the Hotel carpark on Sunday?

As far as I remember, sodomy wasn't mentioned :)

--

Matthew Revell