[Wolves] New Guy Woo

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 13:47:22 BST 2004

Hello and welcome (again),

Andy Wootton wrote:
 > (What, you have to use the same mail address alias that you registered?)

Yes. Although you can register multiple email addresses, and only have
lug mails delivered to one particular one... allowing you to post from
any of the registered addresses.

> I appreciate Unix philosophy but really miss OpenVMS editors and the
> consistency of its command line options. I used vi for a while before
> discovering that emacs has a better mode for Docbook though I find them
> both as friendly as a rat trapped in a corner and switching hasn't
> helped with the learning process. I use Gnome because its prettier.

Anyone using Gnome 2.6? I vaguely remember someone mentioning that
Debian unstable/testing now has Gnome 2.6? Is it worth trying?

It's a friday afternoon, I'm bored waiting for Yast2 to update itself,
and Slackware-current had gnome 2.6 on May 7th.

*yawn*

David.