[Wolves] boredom

SimonB simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 15:53:07 BST 2004

sorry for the inline reply ppl

> I had no major problems with 9.0 apart from I still have display issues my
> graphics card is a Voodoo 4 but there is only entries for either 3 or 5 :-(
I had a voodoo once, a voodoo 3 burnt it out though it isnt one you want
to over clock really

> Everything was OK last week but I fired it up last night and it didn't want to
> start I did a failsafe start which was OK although it complained
> that /dev/hdd5 was not unmounted cleanly (this is my swap????) I was able to
> do startx but the Gui was a bit flaky (I presume because it was VGA=normal)
> couldn't see any problems although I may have done a stupid thing I enabled
> DMA as this was another complaint did a restart and it all went down hill
> from there it gets as far as setting cmos and stalls or I get boot record
> skipped any way I'll try the upgrade (I'm, hoping the Windows trick of an
> overlay install will happen) if upgrading doesn't work I'll have to wipe and
> reinstall.
Ugh i had the DMA problem before with the default kernel and i didnt
even tell it to use DMA, which was interesting for me, graphics isnt
that important to me when in linux, as much as i like the gimp i much
prefer Adobe Creative Suite.

> Oooh I hastent to add one of my girls was hanging around outside the door
> looking very sheepish, Hmm I wonder?

Well, im off home now i've had enought of 7 til 4's strange hours to
work considering i was told 9 to 5 but oh well, then i have to go food
shopping then im cooking dinner, making my first ever thai curry :) then
i can finally install suse,

Ahh i found something interesting a while ago if anyone is interested:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;126671 i know
its nothin to do with anything but i never expected to find MS telling
you how to restore lilo.