[Wolves] PAT/NAT

SimonB simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 15:43:01 BST 2004

fizzy wrote:

>  --- Old Dan <dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org> wrote:
>
>>It's sad anyway.
>

> The thing is, no-one uses it seriously. A lot of
> people go to great lengths to take the piss out of
> something no-one does...
>

>>Dan
>
> fizz

True, true.

Got it working in the end used NAT as apparently it could of conflicted
with things??
And the IP prob i had is sorted. Yay!
I had to change the Subnet mask to a higher network class then add a new
zone and slowly tranfer everthing over, having to reconnect to the
firewall about 3 time (as it was configured over the network), and then
delete the old stuff and then drop the subnet mask back down a class.

Would one of these be of any good for home use?? hehehe, or i may be
able to get my hands on a watchguard firebox for personal use. Maybe i
should just stick to smoothwall.

Thanks
Simon