[Wolves] suse 9.1

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 08:56:20 BST 2004

Hi Simon

On Monday 07 Jun 2004 10:09, Simon Burke wrote:

> i just finished my install of suse 9.1 (it took me all sat and on Sunday
> my SO was playing frozen bubble most of the day.

I finally did my upgrade last night 1 hr 59mins

> Well it works, and quite well, the only thing that broke for me was
> sound, which is a bugger, but yet again my sound card doesn't work with
> fedora and needs botching to get it working with slack (haven't tried
> anything else, so i could do with a new card.

My sound stopped working but a quick re-detect and all is well it did complain
about ethereal and another program clashing but a manual down grade and that
was sorted.

I had a problem booting but that is now fixed however the upgrade has created
new home and trash directories (whats that about?)

Looks really good and I like some of the new stuff, things like Rekall I
already use but on the whole, worth the money.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"