[Wolves] DSL/Wireless router recommendations?

TriG carl at fr0st.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 10:46:40 BST 2004

Rob Annable wrote:

> I use one of these:
>
> http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.html?quicklinx=2CM7&familyid=0

We use one of them at work, they are stable.. Haven't had to switch ours
off in about 5 months. This AP handles MAC filtering better them some
AP's I have seen b4.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the moment you put an
AP online, everyone can connect to it, unless your using a WEP key. If
you don't want to use a WEP key, you can do MAC filtering, which means
you can enter in MAC addresses (every network card has an individual
one) which can connect to the AP. You can strengthen access by then
adding a WEP key, which we have also at work.. 128 Bit
I use a dynamode one at work, with some extra antenna mounts that I got
from MSDistribution. WIth my unit, it was pretty cheap and well.. Shit
in all honesty but I have it locked down now.. I have disabled the CSID
(Shows windows/linux what the network/AP is called - makes it confusing
when sniffin for a WiFi network.) Enabled MAC's and Enabled a 128 Bit 13
char WEP key.. The unit cost me £30

Just my few pennies.

- TriG