[Wolves] DSL/Wireless router recommendations?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at bcs.org.uk
Sat Jun 12 20:16:08 BST 2004

When I was looking at this a few months ago The Netgear
'silver-spaceships' seemed to be getting the best reviews as long as you
didn't get the early firmware.

Being a hi-fi seperates kind of guy I decided to buy the Netgear DG814
DSL router only and buy a seperate wireless point later. The total cost
would have been higher but 11g prices were falling fast at the time. It
also gives you options about where wireless sits in relation to firewall
and routers. I was interested in Pringle-tin metropolitan wireless
networks at the time. I finally accepted that noone as sad as me lives
within range.

I am very happy with the Netgear kit except that I thought the units
looked designed for stacking. In fact stacking would block the
ventilation holes around the indented shape in the top.

Don't buy 11b to save a few quid. Mixed 11b/g networks run at the speed
of the slowest active component.

Out.
Woo