[Wolves] Pay-for music download sites

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 09:33:56 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 Jun 2004 09:12, Katherine Goodwin wrote:

> ahh the days of dialup... I remember them, just about.

They are still here and will be for a long time in cheapskate UK
I only have dialup myself at home and you would be amazed at the high volume
of customers we have that only use dialup.

> I could get really pedantic here and point out petrol costs, especially
> as we rarely go shopping anywhere that isn't a supermarket. (Yes I know
> they sell cds there but they don't often have a great range)

Exactly the more you look at things the more you see the hidden costs.

> Pedanticness (is that a word? pedanticity?) aside, the real appeal for
> me is that I can just select songs that I have heard on the radio, and
> know that I like.  I've bought albums before, having liked a particular
> song by the artist, and not particularly liked any of the other songs on
> the album.  Its not really about the cost per download, more about the
> freedom to build a collection of songs I really like, for a reasonable
> price. :-)

Yeah you have a point I've got a few albums that I only like a couple of
tracks.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"