[Wolves] Anti-Virus

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Tue Jun 15 16:10:49 BST 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:
> I have been using SOPHOS Anti-Virus for some time now, for some reason it has
> decided that it wont complete the sweep or update itself from a cron job any
> more this is since upgrading to FC2.
>
> Have just seen some RPM's for clam which I could install via synaptic anyone
> used clam? is it any good?
I do.  It works.  It auto-updates.

It plugs in to amavis so anyone who actually really needs it (read: any
windows users connected) can get their mails scanned at the server end.

How were you using sophos?

> Installation will be dependant on your reviews.

Unfortunately I haven't been using it long enough to give any more of a
review than that yet - the thing hasn't acted in anger yet, it's only
picked up test virii I have requested.

--
Dan