[Wolves] E-mail

TriG carl at fr0st.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 10:48:44 BST 2004

SimonB wrote:

> Well i got myself a gmail account, i havnt used it yet, and i doubt id
> used it very often, esp as im finally making an e-mail server this
> weekend, using a BSD unless convinced otherwise??, sorry ppl.

Each to their own :P

> Looking at what e-mail i have at the momment i have every single WLUG
> post since 01/05/04 and theres about 1105 e-mail there. i think its a
> time for a mass deletion. heh
>
> Ok enougth about that, does anyone know if there is a 'small' distro
> that i can use just as a e-mail server and maybe horde or something or
> an obscure port number. At the momment im looking an a small install
> of freeBSD but i know there are linux alternatives which will probably
> be easier but i dont know which one to use.

I can provide you with an EnGarde ISO which has a postfix mail server
on, with a webfront end setup.. Its not free software, but ill 'donate'
you a copy.. The only thing is the updates, it uses a subscription
service (dont all bundle me with how it should be free and everything).
Have a look at www.guardiandigital.com thats the people who make it..
The webmail is squirrelmail.. Let me know if you want, or mail me off
list with an address and ill send tonight in the post.

TriG