[Wolves] E-mail

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Jun 23 11:54:50 BST 2004

David Goodwin said:
> I like Horde, as it -
>
> - Appears to be well designed (nice config files etc)
> - Has a very modular design, making it easy to add modules to it (e.g.
> calendars, address books, to do lists etc)
> - Each module integrates well with others (E.g. Nag (to do list) and
> Kronolith (Calendar)).
> - Does more than just show me mail (i.e. can form a groupware suite).
> - Has shared calendars etc
> - Seems to be quite stable.... and a new release is due shortly.
> - Has a more beautiful interface

Ah, you see, not one of those reasons even remotely interests me, which is
why I won't be migrating to Horde any time soon. There shouldn't be any
config files -- I should just install it, visit the web page, and log in
with a username and password. I want to read mail, not look at calendars
or run a todo list or anything like that. And beautiful doesn't interest
me in an interface; usable interests me, and as far as I can tell, Horde
still suffers from the "click in the checkboxes and then click the delete
button"  and "click 'Inbox' and wait for the server to send it to you"
failings of all webmail applications. So I'll stick with Squirrelmail, as
while it's certainly no better, it isn't any worse either.

Aq.