[Wolves] Digital Radio

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at bcs.org.uk
Wed Jun 23 23:21:51 BST 2004

david at openminds.co.uk wrote:

>>TV to change to channels that aren't pre-programmed on the remote. Brand
>>new boxes are less than I paid but you do need decent TV reception.
>>

>And also therefore a tv license.... which you wouldn't need if you just
>had a radio card (or has this changed with the advent of digital?)
>David.

Very good point David.

I've had a TV for so long now that I had forgotten the day the man from
Customs and Excise visited and refused to accept that not having a TV
was a believable reason for not having a TV licence. I later considered
getting one just for watching videos but was advised that you have to be
able to demonstrate that you could not possibly ever use the TV to
receive a signal to be exempt from requiring a licence i.e.you were
required to prove your innocence.

I eventually got a TV when I discovered that my son who was about to
start school didn't know what football was. Ah, happy days.

Woo