[Wolves] Digital Radio

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 09:58:37 BST 2004

> I had a similar problem when the tv detector van man refused to accept I
> had a black and white tv (because I had a black and white licence) and no
> video (which technically contains a colour recever and needs a colour
> licence).  He told me 'nobody in there right minds under 30 would have a
> b&w tv in the 1990's'.
>
> I let the bloke in and showed him my black and white portable and no video
> recorder and he decided that my colour monitor must be cabable of
> recieving tv pictures.  I turned it on and asked him to explain how it
> does that and when it booted to a linux log in prompt he kept typing 'win'
> and told me he knew all about computers ;-)

It's reassuring (?) to know that they do actually have people that check
.... while in University all students used to get leaflets annually
saying the license detector van was in the area... but no one ever saw
it. This does also lead onto the whole tvcard-in-computer angle, but
I'll avoid that.

Perhaps Aberystwyth is just too far away for them to bother? I do
remember quite a few people having TVs in their wardrobes....

David.