[Wolves] Restore XP after Morphix HD install?

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 09:34:28 BST 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Dad has done an HD install of Morphix, on a system which also has XP
> Pro. Am I right in thinking this will have butchered his XP system and
> there's no way he can get it back?
>
> Cheers all,

Unlikely, unless he happens to have a huge hard disk, and created hte
linux partition in an unused space... but this is unlikely.

If Morphix didn't use up the entire hard disk (and write to it) it's
possible that you could rescue some files off of it, but this is
normally a non-trivial task.

I once formatted our digital camera flash card by mistake, and after
suffering the wrath of Kat, I had to attempt to "unerase" the photos on
it.... this was possible using a perl script which looked at all blocks
on the disk, and could recognise the start of a .jpg image.

I'd suggest he just continues to use Morphix ;)

David.