[Wolves] PDF

Alex Gay ag004a3887 at Blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 22:34:10 BST 2004

We had a discussion today on the merits of office software.  I was saying that OOo done everything I needed as well as exporting to PDF.  I couldn't answer a question on how this was legal as PDF is owned by Adobe.
A quick google later confirmed that according to a lot of sites the PDF file format is the IP of Adobe.  I've had a good rummage through the OOo Licensees and the OOo page to see if I can find any thing on this.  So does anyone know how OpenOffice.org can include a PDF printer in it's product for free, without getting into a majour battle over copyright and patent?

I know that there are other PDF printers available, is it because it is a printer only?

Alex G