[Wolves] Booting to command line in Fedora

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 12:30:10 BST 2004

On Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 12:13, Wayne Morris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My GUI is corrupt, and I can't seem to get to a command line from boot or
> from the failed GUI start up. How do I do it/?
>
> Thanks

What core are you running? I can tell you a nasty way that may work, have you
got all three disks? pop disk one in and boot, it will give you some options
rescue and installation now I would probably try installation taking the
upgrade route no garantee that it would work but it did for me.

There is another way but I need to find the location, using disk one boot the
rescue option have you got a floppy drive and a spare floppy? cd to the
location of your Kernel and make a boot disk but select the earlier Kernel
not the latest one, when you have the boot floppy take the cd disk out reboot
from the floppy.

I'm not an expert but if I can help I will I run FC2

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"