[Wolves] Booting to command line in Fedora

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 14:00:02 BST 2004

On Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 13:49, Wayne Morris wrote:

> Peter, (and others on this thread)
>
> The kernel is ok (well it is now), the original redhat update was doing
> about 8 items so not quite sure where it broke, but don't think
> it was the kernel.
> The problem seems to be with libpng , but yum says 'wots that then'  and
> ditto for gtk which it seems to be part of.
>
> Ctrl Alt F1 woirks, thanks.
>
> So what should I do now, is there a nice easy yum command to upgrade to FC2
> or to repair?
> Or can I copy the file from elsewhere on the network (i'm not familiar with
> copying files across networks on command line)
>
> Cheers

OK first things first it is possible to upgrade from FC1 to FC2 via yum but I
wouldn't do it I have seen more tears than smiles on the fedora-LUG about
this than you can imagine if you like I will burn the three FC2 disks for you
just let me know where to post them and you might have them by tomorrow.

I am a lazy shit and have upgraded rather than fresh install however I think
I'm getting to the stage where I might need to do a format as I have that
much half installed crap on my Laptop.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"