[Wolves] Webcams

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 09:58:04 BST 2004

--- TriG <carl at fr0st.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone have any working webcams that stream in
> Linux? Currently using
> SuSE 9.0 with KDE

Oops, meant to say that streaming is probably a case
of having the right software though I've not tried to
do it. If your software can take a video input and
stream it then I guess it's do-able, not like a
Windows siutation where the drivers and oem software
have to be able to do it or you're screwed (or paying
for a camera with better software). Never used my
webcam under SuSE so I can't help there.

Streaming in what sense anyway? Via a web page or in
Gnome Meeting or something? Jono had a Jono Cam once
(I thankfully never saw it) and I think Wayne uses a
security camera to take still every few seconds and
place them in a web page or something. Maybe these
guys can help more.

I'm just theorising here I might be way off cos I've
not tried it. I would be interested to know if your
man gets it working though. I've always wanted to be
an amateur porn star...

Smirk,

Ad

=====