[Wolves] Blueyonder AUP

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Mon Mar 1 19:15:13 GMT 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 18:15, Christopher James Coleman wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Aquarius wrote:
> > Looking through the Blueyonder AUP
> > (http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_a
> >up) it looks to me like they've removed the restriction on running servers
> > on your wnd of the connection. That being the case, is there any reason
> > why I couldn't run a webserver on my end without a problem? If I ran
> > kryogenix.org off it, would that be a problem? Are they likely to kill me
> > for incoming bandwidth?
>
> I have always just run servers anyway, though they are not that busy =/.
>
> > I'm currently using the 512K service; I can't tell whether the 1MB
> > service[1] or the 2MB service have faster uploads -- anyone know?
>
> The 1Mbit when I had it in Bristol was 256Kbit upload. I think the 2Mbit
> might be 512Kbit, though I am unsure about that.

The 512K service has 128K up, 1M and 2M has 256K up.

One of downsides to running a server is that you are advertising the address
of your home machine (or the outside of your firewall) for every script kiddy
to waste your bandwith trying to break in to your server.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
ron at wellsted.org.uk