[Wolves] Networking tutorials

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Mon Mar 8 22:55:50 GMT 2004

The objective of the series will to be cover all the topics required to
implement a network suitable for Home/Office use connected to the Internet
via a (seperate) firewall, with a server (NFS, Samba, web, email , etc.)
based on linux but interoperating with linux/Windows (and possibly Mac?)
clients.
Although I use SuSE 9.0, I will attempt to ensure that the entire series is
not distribution specific.

Here are the topics I am proposing to cover:

The basics:
Hardware, IP Addressing, Basic Diagnostics

Services:
DNS and DHCP servers
NIS and NFS Servers
Samba & Windows
Postfix/Cyrus IMAP/amavis (email)
Leafnode (nntp/usenet)
Wireless networking
Firewalls
VPNs

Maybe covered if anyone is really interested:
OpenLDAP
Kerberos (Heimdal)

Any suggestions, Additions, Deletions?

Anyone prepared to contribute is very welcome to do so.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
ron at wellsted.org.uk