[Wolves] VOIP

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed Mar 10 12:30:46 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
> Can anyone recommend a VOIP service that runs off hardware or Linux
> compatible software, that connects to normal phones and is cheap?
>
> OR
>
> Can anyone recommend VOIP software for Linux that'd just let me call PC
> to PC?

GnomeMeeting, for a start. There are plenty of H.323 compliant
applications -- speakfreely, as well. Have a look around. Some IM
clients support it too (although I'm not sure any of the Linux ones do;
if one does, it'll be Gaim).

> BTW - does anyone else have the free 1571 service on Telewest? Is your
> ring tone also intermittent, even if there's no message to listen to?

I did (but I turned it off), and it did. :)

Aq.

(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)