[Wolves] VOIP

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 15:34:00 GMT 2004

Simon Burke wrote:
> On 10/3/04 12:11 pm, "Matthew Revell" <wolveslug at understated.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>So, finally, I bring the email to something vaguely on topic. I've been
>>looking at various VOIP - PSTN providers, such as BT Broadband Voice,
>>Vonage and so on. I like the BT service, as they give you a free
>>analogue to IP phone adapter but the service is expensive and limited.
>

> Also what I noticed with BT's offer was that
> "you won't be able to call:
>     €      Emergency services 999/112... " etc..
>  Erm..?? OK so ppl will have mobiles but that¹s not the point

Yes, that's one of the *many* limitations to the service. The thing is,
you will almost always still have a phone line. If you're on ADSL,
that'll be your line or if you're on cable broadband, you would very
rarely have it without cable phone.

One of my favourite VOIP websites, for a UK firm offering it, said, "get
rid of your BT line and make phone calls over ADSL". Now, tell me how
that works :)