[Wolves] Recording vinyl

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 01:43:45 GMT 2004

Hi,

> I think you need an audio cable and not a shoestring
> this might be where
> you are going wrong ;-)

Sarcastic bugger. :)

It depends on the audio outputs of your record player.
IF you have the red and white phonos then you can get
a crossover cable to the input in your sound card. Any
sound card should be fine as they are stereo cables.
You may also have a 1/4" headphone/line hack or
smaller headphone jack. You can get cables likewise to
plug these into your sound card.

In terms of software, Audacity does the job, and it
supports LADSPA effects (and VST effects with a
wrapper) that can be used to clean up the sound and
possibly EQ it.

So all you need is a cable. This assumes you have a
sound card. ;) Let me know what outputs you have on
your record player and then I can probably help more.
:)

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician