[Wolves] Cygwin/X

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Tue Mar 16 08:56:06 GMT 2004

David Goodwin spoo'd forth:
>> So network connections to localhost are too slow...
> Isn't that quite hard - like there is no actual physical device for lo.
>
> By local parsing I guess you mean grep ?

Well, I meant "using a local mailbox".

> I believe many email clients (E.g. Evolution) build their own database
> of email messages from the spool file to increase speed etc. Mutt
> doesn't do this afaik.

Nope, it doesn't. Stealing away your mail from the local mailbox into
your own magic database of mail means that your mail client won't
interoperate with any others. This is very, very annoying. If other
mail clients left the mail where it was, like Mutt does, then you could
use them all together...

Aq.

--
Medio tutissimus ibis.
(You will travel safest in a middle course)