[Wolves] Content Management

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Wed Mar 17 09:20:02 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 09:08, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Rob Annable wrote:
>
> > My cool new web hosting provider has a bunch of options for setting up a
> > content managment system. The choices are:
> >
> > Drupal
> > Geeklog
> > Mambo Open Source
> > PHP-Nuke
> > phpWCMS
> > phpWebSite
> > Post-Nuke
> > Siteframe
> > Xoops
> >
> > Anybody got any experience with any of these? Which one do you think I should
> > go for?
>
>  From what I know of them, Mambo seems the best of the lot. I'd avoid
> anything Nuke based as, let's face it, it's not content management as we
> know it, Jim. Nuke is a community portal system and should be banned.
If in std form it looks anything like slashdot you can be sure it is
crap ;-)

Besides I believe I can find uncredited source code in most of the above
projects from other GPL projects and that's not good.  As Trig said
Mambo is pretty much written by a Brit who seems cool with it and it
also fixed security problems pretty quickly.

sparkes