[Wolves] firefox non-free?

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Wed Mar 17 16:30:34 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 16:06, fizzy wrote:
>  --- Matthew Revell <wolveslug at understated.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > The pics are nice but why even consider non-free
> > artwork, as part of an
> > open source bit of software?
>
> They're moaning about people selling mozilla tshirts
> that are non official.  I mean! ffs.  This may or may
> not be related...
yeah it's related.  They don't have a problem with companies outside the
North American trade zone (don't get me started) as long as a small
donation is made to the foundation.  I can understand why they are
protecting their trademarks because they are their most valuable asset
and they need to make money once the aol kiss goodbye has run out but
they are alienating core supporters (and even developers who write the
software in many cases).

Perhaps Darl McBride is the new legal advisor ;-)

> > Matthew Revell.
> fizz
sparkes