[Wolves] Fire hazard?

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Fri Mar 19 11:36:24 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:
> fizzy wrote:
<snip>
>> I guess
>> you could buy one of those posh power surge preventer
>> come UPS things, if you're feeling rich and
>> paranoid....
>
> Do you think it is just paranoia? Am I fairly safe?

No.  I know someone who lost their mainboard, processor, HD and DVDRW
drive to a power surge.  But then that /was/ in no-running-water
Bloxwich.... :)

I ain't kidding.  Though a UPS is overdoing it somewhat I think - you
can buy 4-way extension thingies with surge protection built-in a lot
cheaper which would protect you anyway.  (Unless of course you have a
power cut... ;) )

--
Dan