[Wolves] Movie Players

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 17:22:58 GMT 2004

Hi All

Couple of days ago I mentioned that I was trying to get Mplayer working
on my laptop. I have now got the video/picture working (don't know how
just clicked on things and it suddenly worked) but no sound.
Mplayer says I do not have a sound card but thats cobblers as I have
nice sounds for my apps you know window max & min etc.

My question is two fold

1: Any idea how to get the sound working I think the laptop works of
arts (am I barking up the wrong tree?) the manual says:

Audio type: Sound Blaster (software emulation)
Audio Controller: for the J-series, ESS Maestro 3I
Stereo Conversion: 16bit analog
Interfaces internal: PCI bus/AC97

2: What do you people use for avi, wav etc?

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk