[Wolves] What on earth is running on this computer?

Mark Ellse mark.ellse at physics.org
Wed Mar 24 10:52:35 GMT 2004

Peter Oliver wrote:

>Ek.  Download from where?  Gnome don't make releases targeted at end
>users, and you don't want to download and compile the Gnome source code
>yourself.  The easiest way to get the latest Gnome is to sit back and wait
>for your vendor to supply it.  Redhat's Fedora Core 2, which will include
>Gnome 2.6, is scheduled for release in mid-May.

Peter,

Thanks for your very clear answers, which show me exactly what my limits
are! You appear to be able to download Gnome from www.gnome.org. And
surely you get updated versions of Gnome and for that matter KDE on
magazine covers. But if compiling it from source is required I can
imagine that it is a bit of a struggle! (I who struggled manfully and
succeeded using VIM to modify my XFree86Config file!)

Thanks again,

Mark