[Wolves] Window managers

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:54:00 GMT 2004

On 24/3/04 2:47 pm, "Chris Procter" <Chris at foxonline.co.uk> wrote:

> I've used loads of stuff over the last x years.
> Mwm, fvwm, scwm, Afterstep, IceWM, Gnome (for about a day), KDE (for about 2
> days),OLWM, blackbox, Xfce, ratpoison and Screen. Plus CDE on solaris.
>
> I've been pretty much faithfull to Windowmaker for the last year but do have
> Ion installed (I'm still trying to get it configured right).
>
> I also used emacs as a login shell and console based window manager for a
> while, before being seduced to the dark side of Xwindows.
>
> I'm not a fan of anything that copies Windows "because thats what people
> expect".
>

> chris
I to be honest never liked windowmaker, its just too erm yeah for me, I like
to keep it simple and not have clutter all over the desktop. I just used to
have mutt on one terminal, bitchx on another and emacs on another oh and a
fourth for just running commands.
If I didn¹t have to use X then I wouldn¹t, and that tenmpts me to get rid of
x again, arrgghh please stop me!!