[Wolves] SOPHOS was (Bash/Terminal)

TriG carl at fr0st.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 17:14:20 GMT 2004

> Are you aware that Sophos have downgraded several previously detected
> items?  eg msbb-a (spyware by 180Solutions.com) To quote from Sophos
> "Following customer feedback Sophos has disabled detection of this
> application,  which is not a virus."  I wonder if the feedback came from
> 180Solutions?

I thought this was Ad-Ware? If so, sophos are right to stop scanning for
it. Even if its 'ad-ware' or 'spy-ware' it isn't a virus that sophos
quote as 'malicious code that can replicate itself...'

> Not a problem under a real o/s of course, but at work we have some m$ boxes
> and we rely on Sophos (we have no choice in the matter, or I'd use Symantec).

Symantic is worse then M$, they are like a huge money grabbing tart.. I
could never use Symantic.. I like Panda, and F-Secure...