[Wolves] Debian apt-get sources.list - again

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Fri Mar 26 15:24:16 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:
> sparkes wrote:
>

>> deb http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>

> Cool, cheers. What I don't get is the "main contrib" stuff. I see
> different things written there and I'm not sure what I should have in mine.

main is the main bit these packages are supported by the debian maintainers.
contrib are contributed packages
and non-free are bits that are nice to have but can't be considered part
of debian because of licence issues.

This section is shrinking now QT and the like are now free but is nice
to have because things like the doom shareware libs can be apt-got if
you want to shoot something.  It also allows you to see at a glance what
packages have potential licence issues.

sparkes

--
  web development   software   training   writing
              http://www.westmids.biz